Some other applications I've programmed:
- Paper testing machine interface. Data from the machine would go into a quality control database.
- Weigh scale interface. The program controlled what was allowed on the scale (ie: couldn't dump the chips
until the driver entered information into the program), as well as recorded weight measurements from the scale.
- Radio Scanner interface. A program that talked to a radio controlled bar code scanner.
Point of Sale
My largest Visual Basic.NET application is a program called PRISM (Pawn-Retail-Inventory-Second Hand-Management). It
is a point of sale system designed for pawn and second-hand stores. It includes:
- Full customer information.
- Inventory tracking.
- Pawn loan tracking.
- Consignment item tracking.
- Links to web cam and scanner for customer identification purposes.
- Dozens of financial reports.
- Barcode label printing and scanning.
- Automatic transmittal of pawn information to a RCMP web service.